I hope everyone is ready for warmer days! Spring is here and the plants are starting to bloom.
Below are a few updates that I wanted to share with everyone.
- The Browning Creek Board of Directors meet Tuesday, March 6th. Within the next few days, I will have our communications committee post on our website the minutes from the January Board meeting, now that they have been approved. I will also make sure we get the financial statements posted as well. The Board took up the following items during the meeting:
- Approved our 2018 budget which will be mailed to everyone within a week.
- Approved a new contract for Ware Landscaping to continue taking care of Browning Creek.
- Addressed and approved several items concerning the culvert issue on Browning Creek Rd. I will send a separate message next week on our short and long term plan to address the issue.
- Approved pressing charges against anyone who is caught poaching our fish. I will also send a separate message about this next week.
- Approved adding a new key pad on Robinson Road at the east gate entrance.
- Approved refinancing the mortgage on the 44 acres we own at the front of Browning Creek.
- Please don’t forget our annual meeting will be Saturday, April 7th at 10:00 AM. You will receive a packet of information in the mail next week about the meeting. I encourage everyone to attend and get an overview of all the changes we have made over the past year.
- We have four community members, Mark Jackson, Carlton Polk, Les Lindley and Benjamin Good that have agreed to serve on the board. Their names will be brought forward for nomination at the annual meeting. Of course, we will also ask all in attendance at the annual meeting if there are any additional nominations. Many thanks to Mark, Carlton, Les and Benjamin for serving!
- We have done a lot of work to North Estates Road trying to get it back in shape. We also added more rock to one of the large culverts on the north end of the lake. We are also adding a “Dead End” sign at the beginning of the road.
Again, I encourage everyone to attend the annual Meeting on April 7th. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about Browning Creek, please feel free to email me directly at email@example.com or by phone at (662)803-6200.
President, Browning Creek Board of Direct