I have several updates to share with everyone as we continue to achieve our goals and follow the business plan that was discussed during the annual meeting last April. Below are my updates:
- Association members can now make their homeowner’s assessment and road fund payments online! To do so, go to browningcreek.net and select “Services” from the menu bar across the top of the page. From there, simply follow the online instructions and complete the setup. Please do NOT make your quarterly sewerage payments through this online process. Sewerage payments must be mailed to the address on the statement.
- In my last message, I discussed the upgrade to the computer CPU and memory for the system that runs the gate. We have been working hard to get the database cleaned up so that it only includes current Browning Creek Association members. Based on the association address book and other records, we have almost everyone who is a member updated. However, some of you will be receiving a letter within the next week or so letting you know that we need some additional information from you about your fob and/or gate remote. Please be on the lookout for this letter and respond as quickly as possible. It is NOT our intention to prevent any current association member from gaining access to our community!
- We have posted the July and August financial statements for Browning Creek on the secure side of our website. If you have any questions after you review them, please feel free to call or email me.
- Our overall financial situation is looking better than anticipated as we near the end of the year. Furthermore, during the final closeout of the operating account with David Lane & Associates, it was discovered that we had $8,100 in the account of uncashed checks that went back many years. The Board decided to move those funds to the cash reserve account.
- The new burn pile for Browning Creek is up and running! Please keep in mind that we do NOT have the capability to process large trees. The burn pile is only for small trimmings. If you take a tree down on your property or have someone else do it, please dispose of it somewhere else other than our burn pile.
- I spoke with our attorney concerning the case against Slade Kracker. The deadline to file an appeal was October 2nd. Mr. Kracker did not file an appeal, and of course, I’m sure most of you have noticed that the road is still on his property. The judge had ordered Mr. Kracker to “remove the roadway/access and restore the property to its former condition”. Our attorney has sent a letter to Mr. Kracker’s attorney requesting that the road be removed asap. If the road is not removed, we will file a motion with the court.
Many of our neighbors are putting in a lot of time and effort to help keep our community looking great. A special thanks to everyone that helped put out all the fall decorations at the front entrance. They look great!
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about Browning Creek, please feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (662)803-6200.
I hope everyone is enjoying the summer here in Browning Creek. Here are a few updates on Browning Creek that I wanted to share with everyone:
- We had several neighbors come together to help with our beach at the Pavilion. Some neighbors donated money for sand and other donated their time to help get the sand spread. It looks GREAT, and I want to personally thank everyone that helped! It’s great to know that we can get things done when we work together.
- We have a new website!! www.browningcreek.net We are working to create an online payment option so that we can allow association members to pay their assessments.
- Our conversion to TE Lott, our new managing agent, has gone well. Everyone should have received their assessment statements by now. If you have any questions about your statement, please let me know. We worked VERY hard to verify that all of the charges were correct before sending out the statements.
- Mr. Ware completed his first month of service as the landscaper and I have heard only good things. We have a new work-order-authorization system in place with Mr. Ware to ensure that the work being done has been authorized based on the budget that was approved by the Browning Creek Board. This has helped us control our spending and helped verify what work is being done.
- Now that we have a full month behind working with TE Lott, my next action item is to put together a review of the financial statements and make them available to everyone at the end of each month. The finance committee has met once and we are scheduled to meet again next week. During that meeting we will discuss the best way to make this information available to everyone.
- We have a Browning Creek Board meeting scheduled for next Tuesday, July 18th at 6:00. If anyone is interested in attending, please let me know so I can verify if we have enough room.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about anything pertaining to Browning Creek or the Board, please feel free to email me directly at email@example.com or by phone at (662) 803-6200. I am very accessible and willing to meet with anyone.
As always, I am honored to serve as your president, and I look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood!
President, Browning Creek Board of Directors
Welcome to the new Browning Creek Home Owners Association (BCHOA) website! Our new website has been designed to meet the needs of our association while at the same time providing accurate and up-to-date information for everyone. The Association’s mission is to maintain a safe, friendly and enjoyable environment for the Browning Creek community and to preserve and enhance the value of their property. Browning Creek is a wonderful place to live and raise a family, and together we can make it even better as we continue to move forward in a positive direction!
The new Browning Creek Board of Directors (Board) that was elected during our April annual meeting has been busy following our business plan and working towards achieving our goals for 2017-18. Below is a quick update on some of the big changes we have made:
The Board has approved and contracted with the accounting firm, T.E. Lott to manage all the association’s financial/accounting. T.E. Lott is taking over for Ridgeway Lane and Associates beginning June 1, 2017.
The Board has approved and contracted with Ware Landscaping to service all of the association’s landscaping needs. Ware Landscaping will also service the Pavilion and our road maintenance needs.
New committees are being formed and others have already met. These committees will provide information to the Board to help them make better informed decisions about our community.
As the Board continue to make changes to the way we manage our neighborhood, I would like to thank everyone for the continued support and patience. We appreciate any feedback and welcome your ideas, thoughts, and suggestions. I want to encourage each resident to be involved as much as you are able to be. It is a great way to meet your neighbors while building a strong community.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about anything pertaining to Browning Creek or the Board please feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (662)-803-6200. I am very accessible and willing to meet with anyone.
I am honored to serve as your president, and I look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood!
President, Browning Creek Board of Directors