Thinking about moving to Browning Creek? That would be the right choice!
The Browning Creek Association, Inc. (the Association) is a Mississippi nonprofit and non-share corporation. The Association’s mission is to maintain a safe, friendly and enjoyable environment for the Browning Creek community (Owners) and to preserve and enhance the value of their property.
Location and Features
The Browning Creek development is located off Oktoc Road, approximately 10 miles south of Starkville and comprises the following subdivisions/parts:
- The Pointe
- Lake Retreats (the Retreats)
- East Lake
- West Lake
- Lake Villas
- North Estates
Browning Creek Development has the following distinctive features.
- Three gated entrances, 2 of which are open during daylight hours each day. Gates open during the day are to provide access for critical services such as mail delivery, garbage collection and construction activities.
- A main entrance from Oktoc Road over a scenic road through approximately 70 adjacent open acres maintained by hay harvest services, 44 of which are owned by the Association.
- A Lake, approximately 160 acres, that is fed by a large drainage basin.
- A dam, approximately a quarter mile in length.
- Marina with a Pavilion and 10 boat slips.
- Two boat launch areas, each with secure entrances.
- A boat and trailer parking lot, with 34 rental slots.
- A common area road system.
- Access to fiber optic cable service for high speed internet, telephone and television.
Lots and Homes
The Association presently has 212 lots. Of the 212 lots, 64 are located in the Retreats. There are currently a total of 134 Browning Creek Homes, 48 of which are Retreats. Also there are an additional 4 under construction.
The present 134 Browning Creek homes are located as follows:
Rental Facilities and Registries
Rental facilities available include the Pavilion, Marina boat slips, and a Boat and Trailer Lot. Rental rates are included in the Attachments.