The Browning Creek Association, Inc. (the Association) is a Mississippi nonprofit and non-share corporation. The Association’s mission is to maintain a safe, friendly, and enjoyable environment for the Browning Creek Community (Owners) and to preserve and enhance the value of their property.
Location and Features
Browning Creek is located off Oktoc Road, approximately 10 miles south of Starkville, and comprises the following subdivisions/parts:
- The Pointe
- Lake Retreats (The Retreats)
- East Lake
- West Lake
- Lake Villas
- North Estates
Browning Creek has the following distinctive features.
- There are three gated entrances, two of which are open during daylight hours. Gates open during the day to provide access for critical services such as mail delivery, garbage collection, and construction activities.
- The main entrance from Oktoc Road follows a scenic road through approximately 70 adjacent open acres maintained by Hay Harvest Services, 44 of which are owned by the Association.
- A 160 acre lake is fed by a large drainage basin.
- The dam is approximately a quarter mile in length.
- The Marina has a pavilion with restrooms.
- There are two boat launch areas, each with secure entrances.
- A boat and trailer parking lot with 34 slots is located on the property.
- A common area road system exists.
- There is access to fiber optic cable service for high speed internet, telephone, and television.
Lots and Homes
The Association presently has 212 lots. Of the 212 lots, 64 are located in the Retreats. There are currently a total of 134 Browning Creek Homes, 48 of which are Retreats.
Rental Facilities and Registries
Rental facilities available include the Pavilion, Marina boat slips, and a Boat and Trailer Lot. Rental rates are included in the Attachments.